Sunday, May 3, 2009

What to say

Adam asked me today what people could say about our situation that wouldn't upset me. Honestly, there's only two responses right now- "This sucks" and "It's not fair." What I don't want to hear- "It'll happen when its meant to be," "It'll happen," "It must not be the right time," "Have faith," "Have hope," etc. First, I do believe that everything happens for a reason and there must be some reason that Adam and I were chosen to go through this journey. However, that thought does not comfort me now when I just can't understand the reason yet. While maybe its not time for us to be parents yet (which I honestly don't believe is true), that doesn't make it any easier to watch it be the right time for everyone else. Last, trust me I have faith. I have hope. You can't go through this experience and not have faith and hope that maybe, just maybe this month is it. This month will end this awful roller coaster of emotions. But at the end of every month, my faith and hope come crashing down and disappointment takes over. And even on the days that my faith and hope are in the forefront, there is always the fear in the back of my heart that we may never have children of our own.

So "This sucks," and "It's not fair," are probably you best bets for what to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment